Monday, 2 March 2009

Progress Update - Animatic First Draft Complete

Woohoo! Scene 23 has all its panels now. So the entire animatic is recut, bar a few sounds and voices. Currently the animatic is...wait for it...2.5 hours long. XD; It seems that with cutting out some things to better the flow of the movie, I ended up filling the spaces with other content I inserted for the same purpose. Not sure if I'll get the duration any smaller without sacrificing valuable stuff, but we'll see.

I'm aiming to get all the most important voice parts together by the 10th March, with screening beginning on the 20th. However, I'm having a spot of trouble getting in contact with all my chosen screeners, so I'm not sure how this is going to affect things.

Come the following month, I'm looking to invest in a desktop PC especially built with high-res video rendering and animation in mind. I've been researching a little and, despite my teeth grit-ification on the matter following horrible experiences with Pinty B. (an old PC of mine), it does make more sense to have a desktop compy for heavy work like this as opposed to the laptop I'm working on now.

From then on, who knows? This is all a big experiment for me, so some of it is rather improvised.

No comments: