Sunday, 7 December 2008

The OH Legacy

"Outcast Hero" already has quite a legacy on its shoulders. I have a lot of reasons for making it besides the obvious intentions to entertain people and make them think.

Thing is, I'm not really a well bunny. I've suffered from a chronic endocrine disorder for ten years - something that has, over time, greatly impaired my quality of life. Despite this, I've striven to keep a positive outlook and continue to do what I can to reach out to the world. I see my creativity as one of the strongest ways I can touch the lives of others - possibly why I treasure my projects and the characters within them a lot.

Therefore Outcast Hero is, in a sense, an act of defiance. It's me proving that I can do something substantial despite my limitations. And I'm not just doing it for myself - I'm doing it for my mum also. She has done so much to make this movie possible simply by giving me the space and time to work on it, and the love and encouragement to help me believe in it.

As OH has grown, so has my self-belief. I don't know how I'm going to get the final made, but the cool thing is, I'm not really concerned. I've learned and achieved so much simply by making the animatic. Sure, I want the final to be completed too, but I figure those pieces will fall into place when I get there.

Determination is the key. With that, you can do a lot.
Having money doesn't hurt either, hehe.

After a rough week, I've got my nose back to the grindstone and am finishing scene 21. Thanks to everyone out there who is rooting for me on this. Your support is being felt!

-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

huzzah! not long now, eh? :D

Anonymous said...

The finish line is almost there! You can do it Gemma! I believe in you!

Anonymous said...

Gemz....With the problems with your health and many other things, over the years you have really come a long way in your creative-ness! ^^

Since the 7 years i've known you, you have inspired me in many possible ways to draw my own art, animate my own animations and given me the positive-ness for my imagination. ^^

If it wasn't for you i wouldn't of joined DA and starting drawing/animating ^^ I really wanna thank you for being my friend, helping me with things you did for me and i helped you back ^^.

I just hope we will be friends forever and you know i am always here for you if you need any ideas or help with anything, and you know that! ^^

~ Kurt