Monday, 3 November 2008

I See The Light!

Yes, we have moved locations 8);

This is due to the fact that last week I had to move servers, and in the process my independently-hosted blog went down. Now me, being no expert on php whatnots, has no idea how to reinstall it. So here we stay for the time being.

I'm just happy that all the old entries were preserved in tact. And I have much to talk to you guys about with regards to "Outcast Hero". The impossible is happening - namely it looks like I could finish the animatic by the end of this year. This is a great motivational boost in some ways.

Scene 19 became so long that I had to split it in two, and thus, scenes 19 and 20 were born! Unfortunately Premiere decided shortly afterward that it didn't wish to read the file with scenes 19/20 in, so I may have to do some extensive restructuring work on 'em.

Same goes for scene 18, which is readable but seems to be having some major issues with some of the panels, causing epileptic flashing nastiness.

Overall, though...things are looking up! Scene 21's choreography was planned out with few hitches. Now I just need to draw the lot...ooo-err.

I've also started work on drawing up a list of tweaks that are needed for earlier scenes. Well, after two years, they're starting to show their age 8D;

I'm getting a good idea of how the production is going to look overall, thanks to my new handy dandy media bank I got from PC World. It took a little while to figure out what
formats and settings its most happy playing, but now I know, getting a proper broadcast of my work is a breeze!

When the animatic is done, the adjustments are made and everything's been test screened, then the fun begins! Or the masochism...I tend to get those two mixed up. But yeah, I've got a lot of recruiting to be doing on all fronts.

I'm also looking into investing in some more powerful equipment to create the final movie.

Major thanks to EVERYONE who has pitched in with their encouragement during "Outcast Hero"'s production. You lot are one of the things I couldn't have made it this far without, seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

8D !!

Exciting isn't it?