Thursday, 17 May 2012

Project Shooting Star

I’ve put Outcast Hero on the shelf again and started working on an animated short working titled "Project Shooting Star", set in the OH universe. And here are the reasons why.

I need to make a complete animation. Just to remind myself I can. I have nothing against long-term projects - in fact, there’s an exciting challenge in the sheer scale of them. But there is a draining aspect to working on something that won’t be complete for quite a few years. So making Project Shooting Star is mainly an act of self-encouragement for me, and if other people enjoy it too, that’ll be awesome!

Bar some slight exaggerations in comedy, the short works excellently as a prelude to the rest of the movie’s storyline. If completed, it’ll be a good plug for the entire project to those who know little to nothing of it yet. Project Shooting Star has also acted as a platform to refine general OHverse history and important character concepts. The current example of this is getting down the finer points of Muxlowe’s abilities. While I wasn’t intending to use the project in this fashion, these new developments have been both encouraging and exciting. :D

I am working on completing the short by October, in order to have it ready for submitting to this year's Bang! Short Film Festival.

No comments: