Saturday, 14 August 2010

Progress Update - 13th August


Scene Two

Interrupting job say what?

Paid work aside, things are freeing up a little. It's difficult to feel enthused about a scene containing a truckload of walk cycles, but hey...its part of the animation package. Gotta take the stuff you love with the stuff you'd rather not have to do. Unless you made all the characters float, I suppose. I'll leave that corner-cutting for the vehicles.

This scene is the first to contain a song, and I'm something of a lyricist on the quiet. Several songs have been written up (mostly for the finished soundtrack, though instrumental versions could well make their way onto the movie itself) and while it's too early in production to start looking for musicians to help me with the melodies on these things, the thought alone puts a grin on my face.

My animation style isn't entirely traditional, and contains a blend of frame by frame work with marionette-style underlayers to maintain proportions during difficult movement. I'm hoping to document some of my process through film as extra footage, but it's knowing which scenes would look the most interesting documented. That and I really need to make everything look presentable for any kind of filming...

No comments: