Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Vocal Processing

I'm currently in the midst of vocal processing for the final version of the movie. To those of you confused as to what that means, I'm sorting and relabelling every single character line according to scene, content and what character is speaking it. Yes...its as time-consuming as it sounds - but a nice polished result is what we end up with =D

The voice lines of one of four of Outcast Hero's main main cast have been pretty much finalized. At the same time, we've been working out the minor glitches and off-personality moments throughout the script. Getting to speak with a character's VA - who essentially becomes one with said character - you gain yet another level of insight into how this character might function. Improvised lines, suggestions on reactions and behaviour...all these things contribute to making a character more realistic and relatable to.

Gonna wait until I start processing Tim's lines to start auditioning for background cameos.

Also discovered another masterpiece made by just two people - its a game called Aquaria. While I don't have time to play it, the music was also very beautiful and inspiring, so I got a copy of the soundtrack to encourage me onward.

1 comment:

Vox said...

ah, improv. if only more shows and movies used it...it can be great! I love improv.