Ouch! The end of the year draws to a close and I realise I haven't made an update to this blog in some months. Granted, most if not all of November was taken up by the writing of my novel for NaNoWriMo. As a result, work on scene 16 hasn't really got back up to full speed yet.
Still trying to finish a small something for my long-running fan site, "Pokemon Rebirth". This was slightly hampered by my external hard drive eating part of it. That'll teach me not to make regular backups.
On the brighter side, the DVD to the impressive "Minushi" was released a week or two ago. Like "Press Start", this is an independent production. Unlike "Press Start", it is fully animated, and all by one man over the space of four years. That in itself makes it worth watching, wouldn't you say?
I have followed Minushi since its online debut and the project played a part in inspiring Outcast Hero purely by the way it was made. I am fortunate to have found myself a co-animator in recent months, but even so, a full length movie is nothing to sniff at. Usually this kind of thing is taken on by teams of people, not just two! But Tyler Gibb's efforts stand as a reminder - if he can do it, so can we!
Another neat idea (and I don't know whether it was intentional) that Tyler had was to show some of Minushi online and keep the rest for the DVD release. I think this works very well - in the case of those interested enough to see the ending (like myself), it'll make them want to buy the DVD. It's better than just having a trailer wherein its rather difficult to get a true picture of whether you'll like a production or not from just a minute or so of footage. I've kept note of the idea for future use with Outcast Hero's release.
In other words, you will get to see [i]some [/i]of the movie online for free. The rest you'll have to get the DVD for 8D
With the year drawing to a close, I'd like to say thanks to my brilliant voice team for pitching in and to Bianca for offering to help me out on this behemoth of a project. Let's make 2008 as fruitful as this one was!
No comments:
Post a Comment