Friday, 20 April 2007

Progress Update - Scene 10 : The Asteroid Endeavor

Okay, so I'm onto the second of the actiony parts in the movie. It's been the first time I've choreographed something like this so I'm not expecting fantastic results first time. Nevertheless, the artifact-testing part that happened before turned out well, so you never know.

Also I got caught up in life and lost track of voice lines. As such, I've mailed the next lot off to Maggie, but am still waiting for contributions from both Mikes this time, for differing reasons. Adrian's VA is attempting to get himself a microphone that'll do justice to his voice. I'm not expecting studio quality (this IS a movie on a budget, after all) but I want something better than the one he has right now.

This part is also one of several that will rely on computer graphics. I'll try not to do that too much, as I myself said that 3DCG was used way too much in movies these days. However, I know that sometimes, like in the case of vehicle scenes, it helps production a lot.

On the subject of production, I realise I have to put more effort into my movie animatic than most, since I'm hoping to recruit other animators, and they'll need to know what's going to be happening in the movie itself. The animatic will be a key tool in giving other team members an idea of motion, expression and relevant camera angles.

No comments: